Reflection on use of ICT tool




From all the tools that we learned in ICT class I really enjoyed learning on the use of ICT as a Co-constructive tool. ICT can be used for various purposes such as looking out and searching for information, deliver information and lessons, constructive tool, situating tool and can also be used as a co-constructing tool. There are things which can be done in solitude and successfully. In my life I have always like the idea of coming together with others and interacting with others. After the COVID-19 pandemic it was so difficult for learners to come together and interact because of the highly contagious nature of the virus, but it was so pleasant and astonishing to learn and get to know about how we can actually do co-construction of knowledge and discussion using online platforms such as google docs, google slides, wikipedia, canva, and many other tools.

To share one experience on using one of the co-constructing tools, in 2020, I got the opportunity of designing an e-course for Y-PEER Bhutan, a youth network who actually advocate and sensitize on sexual and reproductive health and rights. The e-course was mainly developed to fill in the gaps during the COVID-19 pandemic. During the retreat we using various online tools like google docs, google forms, and canva to make the course package. In our ICT class, I got to learn that the tools that we used were co-construction tools and we could do our work in collaboration to work on a common goal. We edited each other's work, gave feedbacks and compiled our work together in a single package at the end. 

After that I got to learn how efficiently work can be done using the co-constructive tools. I once made a suggestion in the class about making a document using google docs and compiling our work there, but friends had the trust issue of their friends erasing their work and I could not pursue with that, but after attending a digital course for teachers I got to know more about the features and being able to view the edit history is the one I can remember it so vividly. If we actually explore the features and the attributes of the co-construction tools we will be benefited a lot in different ways. I am very confident that I will be able to use co-constructive tools such as canva, google docs, and similar tools as I make my venture into the teaching and learning journey in the nearest future.

Comments